Woodlands has been designed to cater for groups which include those with additional needs and is located with fantastic views down a field and into mature woodland. The building has a multi-use main living space and sleeps up to 10.
Flexibility is the key with Woodlands as the main room can be a comfortable living and dining room, a bedroom or a meeting/training room for up to 12 people with adjoining kitchen facilities.
- Multi-use main living space with:
- bi-fold doors onto an enclosed decking and patio area with seating
- 50” wall mounted TV, Blu-ray player and Bluetooth speaker
- fold down king size bed and a sofa bed
- dining facilities for up to 10
- Fully equipped kitchen with an oven/grill, hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, utensils, pots/pans and dishwasher
- Accessible bedroom that sleeps 4 people in 1 bunk bed, 1 single bed and 1 single profiling bed (that can also be used as a standard single bed) with an en-suite accessible shower room
- Bedroom that sleeps 5 people in 2 bunk beds and 1 single bed
- Shower room
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Enclosed open space to the rear
- Free Wi-Fi – feel free to tag us in any posts!
The building is energy efficient with excellent insulation, triple glazing and green energy use in the form of a ground source heating system which provides under floor heating. The kitchen worktops and splash backs are made from recycled materials. The cedar shingle roof and cedar cladding protect the building and look great, a water butt helps us to re-use rain water on the garden.
When planning your visit you may find the following useful.
- Woodlands Room Plan (PDF, 0.3mb)
- Woodlands Bedroom List (PDF, 0.1mb)
- Woodlands Bedroom List (Word, 0.8mb)
Please note that no dogs are allowed on site (except for assistance dogs).
- All on one level with wide door ways for wheelchair access (see room plan for widths)
- A Maxi Sky remote controlled ceiling mounted hoist system with a 2 point loop spreader bar (please bring your own slings) which connects the accessible bedroom to the en-suite shower room
- An en-suite shower room with a large shower area, shower bed, adjustable height sink and toilet with grab rails
- Electric mobile hoist
- Single profiling bed
- Accessible outside toilet
- 1 disabled car parking space right outside the front door
Please see our Woodlands accessibility guide on the Visit England & Scotland Accessibility Guides website.
Woodlands is in a picturesque location with views down fields and out onto mature woodlands.
An access ramp to the Monsal Trail, which is a flat traffic free route that travels 8.5 miles between Bakewell & Blackwell Mill near Buxton and is popular with walkers and cyclists, is 250 metres from the building along the centre driveway.
Further information is available on our location page.
When booking Woodlands on its own access is limited to the building, its fenced from patio/garden area, enclosed rear woodland and parking space. Access to the wider centre is limited to those staying in our Farm House, Lodge and campsite and day visitors who have pre-booked.
For availability, arrival and departure times please see our availability calendar.
Prices below include VAT and apply from 1st September 2017 until 31st August 2018.
Sole use of the building, for up to 10 people, at weekends and during school holidays:
- Weekend / Mid Week (2 nights) – £396
- Bank Holiday Weekend (3 nights) – £594
- Monday – Friday (4 nights) – £792
Accommodation for school groups is priced differently to the above, as activities and equipment are included. Please see the Residential Visits page for more details and price lists.
Our 2017-2018 off peak discount period is valid from 27th November 2017 – 16th February 2018 and excludes Christmas and New Year.
Sole use of the building for up to 10 people, at weekends and during school holidays (including VAT):
- Weekend / Mid Week (2 nights) – £360
- Monday – Friday (4 nights) – £720
Christmas & New Year 2017
Sole use of the building, for up to 10 people (including VAT):
- 23rd December 2017 – 27th December 2017 – £198 per night, minimum 3 nights
- 27th December 2017 – 1st January 2018 – £198 per night, minimum 3 nights