Whist we are still waiting for the Government to confirm ‘what coronavirus (COVID-19) secure residential visits will look like’ with our separate accommodation buildings, multiple dining and meeting rooms and camping options we’re confident that we can offer Covid-secure residentials to schools once step 3 of the roadmap is reached.
Actions already taken to enable us to accommodate groups with COVID-19 secure measures in place include:
- Installation of hand sanitiser points around the centre.
- Installation of hand washing sinks by the stores area where activities typically start and finish.
- Making additional accommodation available onsite in case visiting staff are unable to share accommodation.
- Installation of a dishwasher in the Farm House, meaning all accommodation areas now have a dishwasher.
- Revised cleaning schedules including the use of viruscide cleaning products.
- Equipment quarantining.
- Lateral flow testing of customer facing staff.
Our protocols will be updated once the Government guidance is released and shared with schools.
If at all possible please continue to plan for the residential to go ahead by collecting payments, getting in touch to arrange your programme etc. If hesitancy regarding your booking possibly being affected by Covid-19 rule changes or attendees having to isolate is affecting your confidence to book please contact us to discuss these scenarios.
If you know that you need to cancel your residential booking please get in touch as soon as possible and we’ll do everything that we can to reschedule another school into your booked accommodation to reduce the number of missed opportunities for young people.
Rescheduling your residential:
If the pupils you were planning to bring are still with you in the autumn term (i.e. they aren’t in Y6 for primary schools) please consider rescheduling their residential to the autumn/winter for those pupils.
Should you have to cancel your residential some of the following options below may be possible:
- Outdoor learning days at school.
- Outdoor learning days visits to Thornbridge Outdoors.
- Outdoor learning day visits to other venues in the Peak District.
Please be aware that the availability of these options depends on the availability of staff, activities and facilities at the centre and that we have to give priority to groups that are staying at the centre. If you would like to explore these options please get in touch and we will try our best to accommodate your requirements.
Outdoor learning days at school:
Thornbridge Outdoors can come to you. Activities that can be offered in your school grounds include
- Team building challenges.
- Bouldering (if you have a traverse wall at your school).
In the near future we also hope to be able to provide rock climbing on a mobile climbing tower.
Outdoor learning days at Thornbridge Outdoors:
Now that day visits to the centre are possible we can offer the majority of our activities to groups. We are keen to work creatively with schools to provide meaningful day visits to the centre.
How about a series of day visits to provide a range of outdoor adventures or an extended day at the centre – you’re welcome to arrive anytime from 9am and can stay until 9pm if you still want to have your campfire or to enjoy the nightline.
Outdoor learning day visits to other venues in the Peak District:
We are fortunate that many of our activity venues are within range for day visits from many of the schools that we work with. If you would like your pupils to experience activities such as weaselling, rock climbing and hillwalking our experienced instructors can meet you at there to make the most of the time available.