Our cottage called ‘2 The Woodlands’ is located in our grade 2 listed archway building at the top of our driveway. The cottage has been refurbished but still contains some original features such as the fireplace in the lounge, large leaded windows and tall ceilings. This gives you a fantastic base to access everything the Peak District has to offer with direct access to the traffic free Monsal Trail from our site. The cottage has 2 bedrooms and sleeps 4.
- Two person sofa and two chairs
- Coffee table
- Remote controlled electric flame effect stove heater
- Smart LED TV
- Blu ray player
- Floor standing lamp
- Fully equipped including a microwave, toaster, kettle, cutlery, glasses, mugs, pots and pans, fridge with freezer compartment, oven with hob and washing machine.
- Fold out dining table with 4 chairs
- Stairs to first floor
First Floor (Sleeps 4)
Main Bedroom (sleeps 2)
- Two single beds that can be joined together (zipped) to create a super king size bed
- Two Bedside tables with lamps and a alarm clock
- Chest of drawers
Secondary Bedroom (sleeps 2)
- Bedside table with lamp and alarm clock
- Built in desk
- Mirror with storage
- Towel rail
- Front patio/garden area with a picnic table
- A small charcoal BBQ is available (please bring your own charcoal)
- Lockable storage room connected to the rear (perfect for bikes)
- Two parking spaces at the rear (additional parking available on the road adjacent to the centre)
Please note that no dogs are allowed (except for assistance dogs).
Free Wi-Fi is available in the cottage.
We provide a duvet and duvet cover, pillows and pillow cases, fitted sheet and a blanket (you will have to make up your own beds), but please bring your own towels.
Unfortunately the cottage is not suitable for those with mobility difficulties due to the layout, stairs and fire exits being downstairs. In the unlikely event of a fire escape from the first floor is via the openable windows in each room.
If you require a building suitable for those with mobility difficulties our purpose designed building, Woodlands, may meet your requirements.
The cottage is in a usually quiet location, although the driveway to the main centre runs behind the house and the footpath to the main centre runs in front of the cottage’s front garden.
A gate to the Monsal Trail, which is a flat traffic free route that travels 8.5 miles between Bakewell & Blackwell Mill near Buxton and is popular with walkers and cyclists, is just 10 metres from the back door of the cottage. A ramp to access the trail with bikes is just next to the exit of our site.
Further information is available on our location page.
When booking the cottage on its own access is limited to the cottage, its front patio/garden and parking spaces. Access to the wider centre is limited to those staying in our Farm House, Lodge, campsite and day visitors who have pre-booked.
For availability, arrival and departure times please see our availability calendar.
Prices below include VAT and apply until 31st August 2019.
- Friday – Sunday (2 nights) – £240
- Bank Holiday: Friday – Monday (3 nights) – £360
- Monday – Friday (4 nights) – £420
- Monday – Monday or Friday – Friday (7 nights) – £600
Prices below include VAT and apply from 1st September 2019 to 31st August 2020.
- Friday – Sunday (2 nights) – £252
- Bank Holiday: Friday – Monday (3 nights) – £378
- Monday – Friday (4 nights) – £441
- Monday – Monday or Friday – Friday (7 nights) – £630
Accommodation for school groups is priced differently to the above, as activities and equipment are included. Please see the Residential Visits page for more details and price lists.