Our cottage, ‘2 The Woodlands’, is located in a Grade 2 listed archway building at the top of our driveway. The cottage has been refurbished but still contains some original features such as the fireplace in the lounge, large leaded windows and tall ceilings. The cottage gives you a fantastic base to explore everything the Peak District has to offer with direct access to the traffic free Monsal Trail from our site. The cottage has 2 bedrooms and sleeps 4.
- Two person sofa and two chairs
- Coffee table
- Remote controlled electric flame effect stove heater
- Smart LED TV
- Blu ray player
- Floor standing lamp
- Fully equipped including a microwave, toaster, kettle, cutlery, glasses, mugs, pots and pans, fridge with small ice box freezer compartment, oven with hob and dishwasher (in place of the washing machine in the pictures)
- Fold out dining table with 4 chairs
- Stairs to first floor
First Floor (Sleeps 4)
Main Bedroom (sleeps 2)
- A zip and link super king size bed that can be split into two single beds (if you want it splitting into two single beds please let us know at the time of booking)
- Two bedside tables with lamps and an alarm clock
- Chest of drawers
Second Bedroom (sleeps 2)
- Bedside table with lamp and alarm clock
- Built in desk
- Mirror with storage
- Towel rail
- Front patio/garden area with a bench and picnic table
- A small charcoal BBQ is available (please bring your own charcoal)
- Lockable storage room connected to the rear (perfect for bikes)
- Two parking spaces at the rear (additional parking available on the road adjacent to the centre)
2 The Woodlands Room Plan (PDF, 0.2mb)
Please note that no dogs are allowed (except for assistance dogs).
Free Wi-Fi is available in the cottage.
We provide a duvet and duvet cover, pillows and pillow cases, fitted sheet and a blanket (you will have to make up your own beds), but please bring your own towels.
Unfortunately the cottage is not suitable for those with mobility difficulties due to the layout, stairs and fire exits being downstairs. In the unlikely event of a fire escape from the first floor is via the openable windows in each room.
If you require a building suitable for those with mobility difficulties our purpose designed building, Woodlands, may meet your requirements.
The cottage is set in quiet surroundings. Though the driveway to our main centre runs behind the cottage and a woodland footpath to the main centre runs in front of the garden, little sound from the outdoors can be heard when you are within the property. 2 The Woodlands is set apart from the action of the main centre with a woodland area separating the two, and with separate car parking from the main centre to the rear of the cottage.
A gate to the Monsal Trail, which is a flat traffic free route that travels 8.5 miles between Bakewell & Blackwell Mill near Buxton and is popular with walkers and cyclists, is just 10 metres from the back door of the cottage. A ramp to access the trail with bikes is just next to the exit of our site.
Further information is available on our location page.
When booking 2 The Woodlands on its own, you are free to access the cottage, its front patio/garden and parking spaces. Access to the wider centre is limited to those staying in our Farm House, Lodge, campsite and day visitors who have pre-booked.
Arrival days are normally Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4pm. If you wish to arrive earlier than 4pm for activities or a meeting please contact us.
Departure days are normally Wednesday and Friday by 10am; Sunday by 5pm. As on arrival days, activities and meeting spaces may be available on a Wednesday or Friday if you wish to stay onsite later – please get in touch to discuss the different options.
Arrival and departure times are different for school groups, please see the Residential Visits page for more details.
Prices below include VAT and apply until 31st March 2022.
- Friday-Sunday (2 nights) – £259.70
- Bank Holiday: Friday-Monday (3 nights) – £389.50
- Monday-Friday (4 nights) – £519.40
- Monday-Monday or Friday-Friday (7 nights) – £908.90
Accommodation for school groups is priced differently to the above, as activities and equipment are included. Please see the Residential Visits page for more details and price lists.