Outdoor and Environmental Education for Further Education
- Induction / Team Development programme – This can be a single or multi day programme where the focus is on team development and learning styles.
- Risk Management programme – engaging students in assessing and managing risk. This could be part of a BTEC or ‘A’ Level course if appropriate.
- Prefect selection weekend – designed to develop leadership, communication and team development.
- Geography ‘A’ Level Fieldwork – this could include practical surveying around the Thornbridge site or a case study of Longstone Edge – conflicts over land use etc.
- Revision weekends – combine revision with outdoor activities to break up the study / exam preparation.
- Practical skills based programme in outdoor activities (such as rock climbing, hill walking and caving). This could be part of a BTEC First or National Diploma in Sport Studies / Public Services / Outdoor Education.
- Expedition Training – we can help with the planning and preparation for a day or multi-day expedition, provide campcraft and survival skills, training in first aid and emergency procedures, as well as remote supervision during the expedition itself. This could be part of a BTEC course or Duke of Edinbrough Award.
To discuss your needs and requirements please contact us.