The Farm House is a characterful Grade 2 listed 19th Century accommodation building with a charming roundhouse. This gives you a fantastic base to access everything the Peak District has to offer with direct access to the traffic free Monsal Trail from our site. The accommodation building sleeps 38 (including 5 staff/group leaders), with seating in the dining room for 36. The accommodation building has 7 bedrooms, all named after local landmarks, with a mixture of bunk-beds and single beds.
- One bedroom, Pooles, sleeps 2 people and has an en-suite toilet and sink.
- One bedroom, Treak Cliff, sleeps 3 people.
- One bedroom, Ashford Black Marble, sleeps 5 people.
- Two bedrooms, Speedwell and Blue John each sleeps 6 people.
- Two bedrooms, Carlswark and Giants each sleep 8 people.
The Farm House has a kitchen and pantry which is fully equipped with catering size utensils, freezer, fridge, large catering cooker, grill and small microwave. The dining room next to the kitchen seats 36 and the double doors lead to the patio area with seating for 32 and a large charcoal BBQ is available (please bring your own charcoal), making eating outside a popular option. We have 1 high chair and 1 travel cot available to use, please let us know at the time of booking if you need either of these.
A small ‘lounge’ area is within the dining room and has 4 comfy seats, a coffee table, a LCD TV and Blu-ray player. The TV can be connected to laptops – ideal for sharing photos of your day’s activities. Wi-Fi access is enabled in the Farm House, feel free to tag us in any posts!
There are male and female toilet and shower rooms and a separate toilet/shower room. We provide a duvet and duvet cover, pillow and pillow case, fitted sheet and a blanket (you will have to make up your own beds), but please bring your own towels. The building is centrally heated with a Hive heating control system.
When planning your visit you may find the following useful. All visiting groups are asked to complete a group list for their visit and leave it at reception on arrival.
- Farm House Room Plan (PDF, 0.3mb)
- Farm House Bedroom List (PDF, 0.2mb)
- Farm House Bedroom List (Word, 0.1mb)
Please note that no dogs are allowed on site (except for assistance dogs).
For availability, arrival and departure times please see our availability calendar.
We have a single price for each accommodation building so you book sole use and have the flexibility of bringing up to 38 people.
Prices below include VAT and apply from 1st September 2017 – 31st August 2018.
- Weekend / Mid Week (2 nights) – £1,110
- Bank Holiday Weekend (3 nights) – £1,665
- Monday – Friday (4 nights) – £2,220
Prices below include VAT and apply from 1st September 2018 – 31st August 2019.
- Weekend / Mid Week (2 nights) – £1,164
- Bank Holiday Weekend (3 nights) – £1,746
- Monday – Friday (4 nights) – £2,328
Accommodation for school groups is priced differently to the above, as activities and equipment are included. Please see the Residential Visits page for more details and price lists.
Our 2017-2018 off peak discount period is valid from 27th November 2017 – 16th February 2018 and excludes Christmas and New Year.
- Weekend / Mid Week (2 nights) – £1,056
- Monday – Friday (4 nights) – £2,112
Christmas & New Year 2017
- 23rd December 2017 – 27th December 2017 – £555 per night, minimum 3 nights
- 27th December 2017 – 1st January 2018 – £555 per night, minimum 3 night – Booked