Woodlands is a self contained accommodation building with accessible facilities and equipment. It has been designed to cater for groups which include those with additional needs and is located with fantastic views down our fields and into mature woodland overlooking the Sky Ropes and Yurt. Our site in the heart of the Peak District has direct access to the traffic free Monsal Trail. The building has a multi-use main living space and sleeps 10.
Flexibility is the key with Woodlands as the main room can be a comfortable living and dining room, a bedroom or a meeting/training room for up to 12 people with adjoining kitchen facilities.
Features (Sleeps 10)
- Multi-use main living space with:
- bi-fold doors onto an enclosed decking and patio area with seating
- 50” wall mounted TV, Blu-ray player and Bluetooth speaker
- fold down king size bed and a sofa bed
- dining facilities for up to 10
- comfortable sofa seating for 5 people (padded dining chairs for additional people)
- coffee table
- Fully equipped kitchen with an oven/grill, hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, utensils, pots/pans and dishwasher
- Accessible bedroom that sleeps 5 people in 2 bunk beds and 1 single profiling bed (that can also be used as a standard single bed) with an en-suite accessible shower room (the photos show the old bed configuration)
- Bedroom that sleeps 4 people in a super king (that can be split into twin beds) and a bunk bed – please let us know if you want the super king bed splitting into twin beds at the time of booking
- Shower room
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Fenced woodland space to the rear
- A small charcoal BBQ is available (please bring your own charcoal)
- Free Wi-Fi
The building is energy efficient with excellent insulation, triple glazing and green energy use in the form of a ground source heating system which provides under floor heating. The kitchen worktops and splash backs are made from recycled materials. The cedar shingle roof and cedar cladding protect the building and look great, a water butt helps us to re-use rain water on the garden.
We provide a duvet and duvet cover, pillow and pillow case, fitted sheet and a blanket (you will have to make up your own beds), but please bring your own towels.
When planning your visit you may find the following useful.
- Woodlands Room Plan (PDF, 0.3mb)
- Woodlands Bedroom List (PDF, 0.1mb)
- Woodlands Bedroom List (Word, 0.8mb)
Please note that no dogs are allowed on site (except for assistance dogs).
Accessible Features and Equipment
- Level access throughout, no steps or stairs and wide door ways for wheelchair access (see room plan for widths)
- A Maxi Sky remote controlled ceiling mounted hoist system (maximum weight 200kg) with a 2 point loop spreader bar (please bring your own slings) which connects the accessible bedroom to the en-suite shower room
- An en-suite shower room with a large shower area, Chiltern Invadex TRT3 shower trolley (maximum weight 190kg), adjustable height sink, toilet with grab rails and emergency pull cord
- Etac Clean shower commode chair & belt
- Casa Lift 180E electric mobile hoist (maximum weight 180kg)
- Invacare Accent single profiling bed (maximum weight 145kg) with a Countrywide Healthcare Picara low risk polyurethane foam mattress
- Emergency pull cord in the accessible bedroom
- Accessible outside toilet
- Disabled car parking space right outside the front door
Unfortunately, whilst this building works incredibly well for people with a variety of specific needs, it has not been designed to facilitate independent living for wheelchair users. It is expected that able bodied group members will be present as part of a group booking the building.
If you would like to come and have a look around please contact us and we can arrange a date and time (between 10.30am and 4pm, Monday-Friday).
Woodlands is in a picturesque location with views down fields and out onto mature woodlands. It is the perfect base to make the most of our fantastic Peak District surroundings. An access ramp to the Monsal Trail, which is a flat traffic free route that travels 8.5 miles between Bakewell & Blackwell Mill near Buxton and is popular with walkers and cyclists, is 250 metres from the building along the centre driveway.
Further information is available on our location page.
When booking Woodlands on its own you have free access to the building, its fenced patio/garden area outside, the fenced rear woodland area and a disabled parking space. Access to the wider centre is limited to those staying in our Farm House, Lodge and campsite and day visitors who have pre-booked.
Please note that we hire out Woodlands to schools during school term time and everyone else during weekends and school holidays.
Arrival days are normally Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 4pm. If you wish to arrive earlier than 4pm for activities or a meeting please contact us.
Departure days are normally Wednesday and Friday by 10am; Sunday by 5pm. As on arrival days, activities and meeting spaces may be available on a Wednesday or Friday if you wish to stay onsite later – please get in touch to discuss the different options.
Arrival and departure times are different for school groups, please see the Residential Visits page for more details.
Sole use of the building, for up to 10 people, at weekends and during school holidays:
Prices below include VAT and apply until 31st March 2022.
- Weekend / Mid Week (2 nights) – £428.20
- Bank Holiday Weekend (3 nights) – £642.30
- Monday-Friday (4 nights) – £856.40
Accommodation for school groups is priced differently to the above, as activities and equipment are included. Please see the Residential Visits page for more details and price lists.