Woodlands is a self contained accommodation building with accessible facilities and equipment. It has been designed to cater for groups which include those with additional needs and is located with fantastic views down our fields and into mature woodland overlooking the Sky Ropes and Yurt. Our site in the heart of the Peak District has direct access to the traffic free Monsal Trail. The building has a multi-use main living space and sleeps 10.
Flexibility is the key with Woodlands as the main room can be a comfortable living and dining room, a bedroom or a meeting/training room for up to 12 people with adjoining kitchen facilities.
Features (Sleeps 10)
- Multi-use main living space with:
- bi-fold doors onto an enclosed decking and patio area with seating
- 50” wall mounted TV, Blu-ray player and Bluetooth speaker
- fold down king size bed and a sofa bed
- dining facilities for up to 10
- comfortable sofa seating for 5 people (padded dining chairs for additional people)
- coffee table
- Fully equipped kitchen with an oven/grill, hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, toaster, utensils, pots/pans and dishwasher
- Accessible bedroom that sleeps 4 people in 1 bunk bed, 1 single bed and 1 single profiling bed (that can also be used as a standard single bed) with an en-suite accessible shower room
- Bedroom that sleeps 5 people in 2 bunk beds and 1 single bed
- Shower room
- Utility room with washing machine and tumble dryer
- Fenced woodland space to the rear
- A small charcoal BBQ is available (please bring your own charcoal)
- Free Wi-Fi – feel free to tag us in any posts!
The building is energy efficient with excellent insulation, triple glazing and green energy use in the form of a ground source heating system which provides under floor heating. The kitchen worktops and splash backs are made from recycled materials. The cedar shingle roof and cedar cladding protect the building and look great, a water butt helps us to re-use rain water on the garden.
We provide a duvet and duvet cover, pillow and pillow case, fitted sheet and a blanket (you will have to make up your own beds), but please bring your own towels.
When planning your visit you may find the following useful.
- Woodlands Room Plan (PDF, 0.3mb)
- Woodlands Bedroom List (PDF, 0.1mb)
- Woodlands Bedroom List (Word, 0.8mb)
Please note that no dogs are allowed on site (except for assistance dogs).
Accessible Features and Equipment
- Level access throughout, no steps or stairs and wide door ways for wheelchair access (see room plan for widths)
- A Maxi Sky remote controlled ceiling mounted hoist system with a 2 point loop spreader bar (please bring your own slings) which connects the accessible bedroom to the en-suite shower room
- An en-suite shower room with a large shower area, shower bed, adjustable height sink and toilet with grab rails
- Electric mobile hoist
- Single profiling bed
- Accessible outside toilet
- 1 disabled car parking space right outside the front door
Unfortunately, whilst this building works incredibly well for people with a variety of specific needs, it has not been designed to facilitate independent living for wheelchair users. It is expected that able bodied group members will be present as part of a group booking the building.
If you would like to come and have a look around please contact us and we can arrange a date and time (this would have to be between 10.30am and 4pm, Monday – Friday).
Woodlands is in a picturesque location with views down fields and out onto mature woodlands. It is the perfect base to make the most of our fantastic Peak District surroundings. An access ramp to the Monsal Trail, which is a flat traffic free route that travels 8.5 miles between Bakewell & Blackwell Mill near Buxton and is popular with walkers and cyclists, is 250 metres from the building along the centre driveway.
Further information is available on our location page.
When booking Woodlands on its own access is limited to the building, the fenced patio/garden area, fenced rear woodland area and disabled parking space. Access to the wider centre is limited to those staying in our Farm House, Lodge and campsite and day visitors who have pre-booked.
For availability, arrival and departure times please see our availability calendar. We hire out Woodlands to schools during school term time and everyone else during weekends and school holidays.
Prices below include VAT and apply until 31st August 2019.
Sole use of the building, for up to 10 people, at weekends and during school holidays:
- Weekend / Mid Week (2 nights) – £396
- Bank Holiday Weekend (3 nights) – £594
- Monday – Friday (4 nights) – £792
Accommodation for school groups is priced differently to the above, as activities and equipment are included. Please see the Residential Visits page for more details and price lists.
Our 2018-2019 off peak discount period is valid from 26th November 2018 – 15th February 2019 and excludes Christmas and New Year.
Sole use of the building for up to 10 people, at weekends and during school holidays (including VAT):
- Weekend / Mid Week (2 nights) – £360
- Monday – Friday (4 nights) – £720
Christmas & New Year 2018
Sole use of the building, for up to 10 people (including VAT):
- 24th December 2018 – 2nd January 2019 – £198 per night, minimum 3 nights