British Cycling Level 2 Mountain Bike Leadership Award
The British Cycling Level 2 Mountain Bike Leader Award enables experienced mountain bikers to safely guide others on off-road terrain.
The award is the entry point for most aspirant mountain bike leaders, enabling qualified leaders to use their experience to safely guide others on off-road terrain. The award is ideal for anyone with experience in mountain biking, who is either working in the outdoor sector, volunteering at a club or simply has a personal interest in gaining additional skills. These skills can be used to go out on a mountain bike, be safe and have fun.
We are an accredited provider to run these 2 day training courses and we make the most of our excellent British Cycling approved trainer, onsite bike tracks & skills park, training rooms and our fantastic location in the heart of the Peak District. The majority of the two day training course is practical and you will be riding in both the limestone White Peak and gritstone Dark Peak areas; giving you a great variety of terrain to learn new leadership skills.
The course covers a wide variety of topics including:
- Planning and delivery of appropriate rides or your group
- Leading techniques for effective group management
- Map reading and navigation for a flowing journey
- Management of accidents and emergency situations
- Equipment set-up and trailside repairs
- Core mountain bike techniques.
Training Course Pre-requisites
- Be 18 years old or over
- Be competent in the techniques and skills required to safely negotiate the typical trail features encountered in the Level 2 environment. As a general guide this is comparable to red-graded purpose-built trails
- Register for the award with British Cycling
2 Day Training Course Dates
Please see our list of upcoming 2 day training course dates.
Please see the British Cycling website for more information about the award.