Peakender Festival 2016
The Thornbridge Brewery Peakender is over for 2016 and despite the weather it was another successful event run on our grounds. We once again provided outdoor activities for both children and adults including:
- Bike & Abseiling – Riding down the Monsal Trail to Miller’s Dale viaduct and abseiling 60ft off the bridge.
- Sky Ropes – Climbing up the 8m pole to the platform and traversing the course of seven linked elements.
- Bushcraft – Learning how to use a fire steel, light a fire, make some popcorn and lots of bushcraft tips.
- Low Ropes – Working together to try and get across the islands and wobbly bridge, along the Burma bridge, through the tunnels and along the balance beam.
- Mini Adventurer – Climbing to the top of our boulder, going through the mole holes, balancing on our giant see-saw, heading into the woods and feeling your way along the night line with a blindfold and goggles on, then enjoy our rope swing which is tucked away at the bottom of our grounds.
You can see pictures of the festival on the Thornbride Brewery Facebook page. If you came to the festival let us know how you found it below.
We turn our attention to the next big festival on our site which is the Alpkit Big Shakeout festival in September.